Draft

Final

Peer review

Reflection

When writing the rhetorical analysis, “The Epidemic of Spiking Your Best Friends Eggnog”, I wanted this work to be different from my previous analysis throughout highschool. What helped me achieve this goal was the exercises given for homework that we then had to discuss in class. An example would be the “Rhetorical Analysis in the Real World: A Useful Thinking Tool” where a picture of a woman standing in front of the cops was analyzed and interpreted. Reading and understanding the different ways an analysis is broken apart, ranging from how the woman is standing in the photo to answering and asking questions that may be unsettling to the reader about the indirect messages. Thus, when writing my rhetorical analysis I made sure to dive into the side of the ad I chose that came from the controversial perspective which many people would find uncomfortable to read, however, the purpose of the analysis was to break down the purpose of the ad in the first place. Because I wanted to learn and grow as a writer I also needed to improve my editing, revising, reading and drafting. Prior to Writing of the Sciences I often did not write drafts. I felt as if a draft was pointless and unnecessary. However, when we began peer editing that not only changed my perspective on drafting but my abilities to revise, edit, and read. Seeing the work and ideas that other people put into their own writing opened my eyes to the opportunities my writing capabilities were missing. My drafting skills for individual work still lack, but I have begun to open up to drafting and the benefits it has to my writing.